Our trip to Guimaras was just a day trip so we didn't book for a hotel anymore. From Jordan Wharf in Iloilo, we took a 15 to 20-minute boat ride to the island of Guimaras. One day is already enough to visit the must see places in Guimaras but of course, you still have the option to stay longer to enjoy and explore the place more. My friend and I didn't have a definite itinerary. Good thing Guimaras' Tourism Office is very efficient so it was hassle free for us! The tourism arranged our day tour via tricycle (for bigger groups they have other arrangements). We paid 1200 for the whole tour and I think it was super worth it because we were able to see several places and the distance from one place to another is far. Sulit na sulit talaga! :)))
So here is our Guimaras itinerary..
1. Smallest Plaza. The name speaks for itself that is why it was included at the Guiness Book of World Record. You can actually walk the whole plaza in 10-15 seconds.
2. Holy Family Hills
3. Breakfast at The Pitstop Restaurant. Must try: MANGO PIZZA and GUIMARAS BLEND!
4. Guisi Light House. One of the oldest light houses in the Philippines.
From Guisi Light House, you can see the beautiful Guisi Beach
5. Raymen Beach Resort
6. Old Trappist Monastery. TIP: They have delicacies and souvenirs sold here made by the monks. Price is cheaper compared to other delicacy stores.
7. Pass by the Mango Plantation. October is not the season for mangoes so we weren't able to see mango fruits.
8. Late lunch at The Grillers.
|Their sauce in the chicken barbecue tastes good. :)|
Finally, this tri-province adventure wouldn't be fun and exciting without my travel buddy and my twin by birth date - Geth Panzo! Thank you sooooo much twin! Until our next travels. :)))