New York is the same as what I imagined and saw from different movies and tv series I watched like New Year's Eve and Gossip Girl - the hustle and bustle of the city, cool apartments, bright lights at night, the skyscrapers and everything I thought of about New York. Now I fully understand why it's called the "city that never sleeps" and it's "where concrete jungle dreams are made of".
Allow me to share with you the places I went to when I was in New York (the city in particular). Well at least once in my life and for a short time, I experienced being a "New York girl". Hahahaha.
|Times Square during the day|
|Times Square during the night|
|I took this photo almost midnight and look how still busy the city is|
Some said that if you touch the bull's balls it's for good luck and fertility. Being the gullible (and desperate hahaha) me, I touched the bull's balls. What's there to lose, right? HAHAHA
ST. PATRICK'S CATHEDRAL
PARK VISIT: CENTRAL PARK, WASHINGTON SQUARE PARK AND HIGH LINE
|Washington Square Park|
|High Line (an elevated linear park, greenway and rail trail)|
GRAND CENTRAL STATION
FLAT IRON BUILDING
This is probably one of my most favorite parts of my NYC trip because I was able to visit two of my must see museums - MET and MOMA. Back in college, I only saw artworks of renowned artists via photos, video clips or PowerPoint presentations. But when I saw the different artworks right in front of my eyes, it felt so soooooooo surreal!!! The art studies major in me is shakingggggg!!!
1) National Museum of the American Indian
2) Metropolitan Museum (MET)
3) Museum of Modern Art (MOMA)
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
Besides NYC proper, I was also able to explore some places in Brooklyn (which I think for me the less busier side of New York) because I stayed at my aunt's apartment in Brooklyn.
Another thing I love about New York is that places are easily accessible either via subway/train or even via walking. But for someone like me who loves to walk around when traveling, New York is a perfect place because wherever you turn while walking, there are sights worthy of a picture. See what I'm talking about below. :)
|Wishin' I own an apartment in New York|
To end my post about New York, let me thank some of the people who toured me around and gave me a warm welcome during my stay in New York:
1) Tito Kelvin and his family who toured me around during my first visit in NYC (July 2017)
2) Tita Jen who allowed me to stay in her apartment for few days during my second visit in New York (August 2017)
|Photo grabbed from Lola Bea's fb|
3) My college orgmate and friend Gelo who treated me to one of the best cheesecake shops in NYC and spared me some time in spite his very busy schedule in law school
4) Miguel my former student from my first ever moderating class in Ateneo High School who took me to various places around NYC and for teaching me how to use the subway hehe
I know there are still places I haven't seen yet in NY and this gives me more reason to come back next time. I will surely come back for you, New York!